£24,000 to £26,000 Per Annum
Do you aspire to be a multi-skilled engineer? Do you have a mechanical or electrical skillset? Do you just need an opportunity with an employer who is willing to invest in you?
If so, read on…
An opportunity has arisen for an engineer to join the maintenance department for a global business based in Derbyshire. The business is now very much recovering after the effects of the pandemic and is set to have a great 2022. This is a great time to join a business that really cares about their employees and further your career and fulfil your potential.
The position would suit someone that already has experience within mechanical or electrical engineering and would like to progress and learn more about world-class manufacturing within the Aerospace sector.
The type of machinery you will be working on will be mostly shot peening and blasting machinery. Any experience with bearing's motor's or similar would be highly advantageous.
You will be working alongside the engineering team to assist and provide the maintenance department with support and general duties which help maintain the running of the factory and machines.
Some experience of mechanical or electrical engineering is essential for this role as although a trainee level, engineering expectations are required.
This role is the next key hire for the business who are continuing to diversify their offering. They already provide a high-level of services to an incredibly reputable client base within the Aerospace sector and so the business has a global footprint and a reputation for innovation and developing individuals offering fantastic prospects.
Our client takes pride in having a long standing and stable workforce offering the right infrastructure and a progressive and supportive culture which is deeply embedded in their values.
- To provide routine mechanical / electrical support to the factory machinery as and when required.
- To support with breakdown / fault finding for the machines as and when required.
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine a variety of problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in our process.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, manufacture and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches, or engineering drawings.
- To provide support to the Maintenance Manager regarding any maintenance projects being carried out.
- Any other duties that may be required in line with the Maintenance function assigned by your manager.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude at work by being motivated and self-driven, by using their own initiative e.g., being able to prioritise their own workload and manage their time effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm and drive for continuous improvement by demonstrating the ability to make suggestions and recommendations of ways to improve efficiency and reducing waste.
- Must be able to work and communicate well within a team to accomplish targets and goals as and when required. Be able to demonstrate the ability to enthusiastically work as part of a team by always using effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Invested in self-development.
- Understands and demonstrates quality awareness and procedures in practice.
- Must be conscientious with an attention to detail.
The hours required for this position are between 08.00 – 16.00 – with an element of flexibility on mornings and afternoons to help cover holidays.
f this sounds like an opportunity that you would be suitable for, please apply and we will be in touch with feedback within 7 days of your application at the very latest.
Source Talent is acting as an Employment Agency - At Source Talent we try to acknowledge all applications, however unfortunately due to the high volumes expected this is not always possible. If you haven't heard back from us within 7 days, please accept that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Source Talent is a specialist recruiter in the Engineering, Manufacturing and Business Services sectors.
For all of our vacancies and leading industry news and insights visit our website - www.source-talent.co.uk